An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, HAROLD ERNEST. Corporal. No 2289. Household Battalion. Born Golcar. Son of Albert and Sarah Ann Taylor, Commercial Mills, Slaithwaite. Employed by Messrs Pogson and Company, Bridge Street Mills, Slaithwaite. Attended St. James's Church and Sunday School, Slaithwaite. Was a member of the Slaithwaite Conservative Club. Killed in action, 29.1.1918, aged 27 years. Buried MONCHY BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row B, Grave 25.
- ROH:- St. James' Church, Slaithwaite; Slaithwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal HAROLD ERNEST TAYLOR
- regiment: Household Battalion
- died: Tuesday, January 29, 1918
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 28962