This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Harewood Cottage
- appears on maps: 1854 [#268]
- location on map: off Huddersfield Road near junction with Meltham Mills Road, Meltham
- status: no longer exists
- category: private house
The site is now the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- 1841 — surgeon John Rawcliffe (aged 45), his wife Ann (40), their children and servant
- 1851 — Minister of St. James, Andrew H. Hirst (31), his wife Margaret (31), their son Percy (3) and two servants
- 1861 — fund holder widow Mary Brook (26), her three children and three servants
- 1871 — widow Mary Brook (36), her two daughters and their four servants
- 1881 — cotton spinner Charles Lewis Brook (25), his sister Ruth Mary (24), and their three servants
- 1891 — cotton sewing thread manufacturer Charles Lewis Brook (35) and his three servants
- 1901 — thread manufacturer Charles Lewis Brook (45) and his three servants
- 1911 — widow Mary Brook (76), son Charles Lewis Brook (55) and their three servants
Charles Lewis resided there until his death in May 1939.
Notes and References