According to Pigot's Commercial Directory for 1818-20, the Hare & Hounds was situated at Market Place, Huddersfield, and the licencee was Michael George Bashforth. Bashforth was declared bankrupt in January 1826, by which time he was the innkeeper of the White Swan on Kirkgate.
The leasehold of the inn was auctioned on 1 August 1821:
LOT 4. — A well established and commodious INN, situate in the Market Place, called the Hare and Hounds, with the numerous Stables, Shops, and Outbuildings attached, in the Occupation of Mr. M.G. Bashforth, Tenant in Will.
The exact location of the Hare & Hounds is not known.