Grove Inn, Woodhead Road, Reins, Berry Brow
- also known as: Grove Tavern
- location: Woodhead Road (near junction with Hanging Stone Road), Reins
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Situated on the Huddersfield and Woodhead Turnpike Road (now Woodhead Road) and in existence by 1841 when John Sanderson was named as a beerseller of Grove, near Hanging Stone in the census.
The premises was owned by Bentley & Shaw Ltd. of Lockwood.
The 1871 Census records widow Betty Broadbent (aged 67) as the publican of the Grove Inn. After her death in 1879, her son Amos had become the licensee.
The premises was closed in 1935 after being referred for compensation and had been demolished by the mid-1950s.
Alehouse Licence entries include:
- Amos Broadbent (by 1870s)
- George Barrow (16/Oct/1895)
- Luke Noble Sykes (04/Jan/1905)
- Mary Elizabeth Sykes (04/Apr/1917)
- Sam Noble (03/Oct/1917)
Notes and References
- "Huddersfield Licences" in Leeds Mercury (14/Mar/1935).