Probably built in the 1840s, the first owner was coal merchant and corn miller George Armitage Haigh, resident of Gynn View on Gynn Lane. A stone saw mill was situated close to this mill. By the 1860s, Haigh had expanded into brewing and owned the Coach and Horses Inn in Honley. Thomas Littlewood purchased the mills in 1891 for £3,750 and converted them to textile finishing use. In the mid-1960s, H. Fisher (Plastics) converted parts of mills to plastic manufacturing, whilst other companies made use of the remaining parts. By the mid-1990s, the mills were vacated and Kirklees Council eventually granted permission for the site to be converted to residential use.