This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Grey Horse Inn
- appears on maps: 1851 [#352], 1890 [#361]
- location on map: Chapel Hill
- status: still exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: now the Rat & Rachett
- 1911 — innkeeper George Barrow (aged 44)
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134317
CHAPEL HILL (West Side). The Grey Horse Public House. Mid C19. Ashlar. Hipped stone slate roof. 3 storeys. Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. Continuous sill bands. 2 ranges of sashes. Door with 4 moulded panels and semi-circular fanlight in moulded surround. Canted corner to Dale Street at ground floor level, with door and ogee squinch above.