Greenhead Hall, Huddersfield

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • location: off Greenhead Road, Huddersfield
  • status: no longer exists

The last resident of Greenhead Hall was John Fligg Brigg (twice Mayor of Huddersfield). After his death in 1899, the hall was left unoccupied and was later purchased by Huddersfield Corporation. The hall and estate was then demolished and the Huddersfield Municipal High School for Girls (later Greenhead High School) was built on the site at a cost of around £11,000 to designs by borough engineer K.F. Campbell.[1]


Further Reading

Notes and References

  1. Leeds Mercury (15/Jan/1909).