Greenhead Hall, Huddersfield

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • appears on maps: 1851 [#300], 1890 [#357], 1905 [#36]
  • location on map: Greenhead Road, Huddersfield
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: mansion

The last resident of Greenhead Hall was John Fligg Brigg (twice Mayor of Huddersfield). After his death in 1899, the hall was left unoccupied and was later purchased by Huddersfield Corporation. The hall and estate was then demolished and the Huddersfield Municipal High School for Girls (later Greenhead High School) was built on the site at a cost of around £11,000 to designs by borough engineer K.F. Campbell.[1]

Location

Notes and References

  1. Leeds Mercury (15/Jan/1909).

Greenhead Hall, Huddersfield

Categories

Buildings | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 9 July 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed