Green Side, Huddersfield
Green Side, or Greenside, was an area once situated at the northern end of Westgate, Huddersfield, that later became West Parade.
The Place-Names of Huddersfield (2008) by George Redmonds:
This name referred to the "green" at the top end of the town and it may have been in popular use for longer than the records suggest. In fact, it is first shown on the map of 1820, as an extension of Westgate, but this was soon afterwards given the name West Parade, and Greenside dropped out of use. However, that did not happen immediately, for the names were listed together in the Post Office directory of 1853.