This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Green Dragon Hotel (c.1900)
- appears on maps: 1851 [#406], 1890 [#354]
- location on map: corner of West Gate & Market Street, Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
An inn dating back to at least 1803, when John Hick was recorded as the licencee.
The premises were sold in 1864 for £2,100 and then to Mr. C. Potter of the Criterion Hotel in September 1880 for £9,100.
Along with Commercial Chambers, the Green Dragon was demolished in the early 1900s to erect Bank Chambers.
Huddersfield Police Court
- 19/Jul/1851 — James Dosser Dick charged with "obtaining goods under false pretences" from landlord Robert Spivey
Notes and References
- ↑ Leeds Times (25/Sep/1880).