This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Granby's Head (1771)
- appears on maps: 1890 [#350]
- location on map: corner of Manchester Street & Granby Street (neither exists), Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The hotel is the property on the left-hand side of the archive photograph, although it had likely closed prior to the photograph being taken.
According to Redmonds, the property "commemorated the Marquis of Granby (1721-1770), the Scarborough man who was the Commander-in-Chief of the British Army in 1766" and gave its named to Granby Street.
== Location ==
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Place-Names of Huddersfield (2008) by George Redmonds, page 65.