Gordon Cartwright (c.1898-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CARTWRIGHT, GORDON. Private. No 2082. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 291 Wakefield Road, Moldgreen, Huddersfield. Son of Charles and Marion Cartwright. Educated at Moldgreen Church of England School. Was a member of Moldgreen Church Boy Scouts. Employed in his father's grocery business as a grocer's assistant. Enlisted 8.9.1914. Wounded in the head, 9.7.1915, near Ypres. Died of wounds at No 10 Casualty Clearing Station on 12.7.1915, aged 17 years. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row C, Grave 3.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen; Huddersfield Drill Hall; commemorated on headstone in Kirkheaton Cemetery.
- Brother of Private CHARLES CARTWRIGHT, killed in action, 2.5.1918..
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GORDON CARTWRIGHT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, July 12, 1915
- age: 17 years
- record ID: 434529
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #434529)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #739325)