The 1826 map implies that Goose Pudding is the name of a large field to the southeast of Learoyd Bridge and on the opposite side of the road to Bottomley's Lime Kilns. The 1854 O.S. shows a number of tenter posts in the field, which were used for drying cloth. By the 1890s, Gasworks Street had been laid across the field and the Huddersfield Corporation Gas Works had expanded to take over much of the field.
Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
Built sometime between 1854 and 1894, St. Andrew's Road provides a direct connection between Wakefield Road and Leeds Road. Its route took it, at the time of building, through tenter fields, a rope walk and Charter's nursery gardens. Interestingly, near to the gas works it also passed through or near to a close of land called Goosepudding, a name that has disappeared today and for which we can offer no explanation. However, the name was certainly known in Huddersfield for more than a hundred and ten years as it appears on maps drawn in 1716, 1797 and 1826.