Gilbert Arthur Halstead (1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HALSTEAD, GILBERT ARTHUR. Private. No 301967. 2nd Battalion The Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Born Huddersfield 11.6.1891. Son of Frank and Lamona Halstead, 159 Thornton Road, Crosland Moor. Educated at Thomas Street Council School. Employed as a cashier and book-keeper. Single. Enlisted 2.10.1916. Killed in action near Ypres, 26.9.1917, aged 26 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GILBERT ARTHUR HALSTEAD
- regiment: Royal Scots
- died: Wednesday, September 26, 1917
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 838183
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #838183)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5276233)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #4