German Military: Huddersfield BB9AB (c.1941)
The following map was one of a number prepared by the German Military High Command circa 1941.
Each sheet was based on an existing Ordnance Survey six inch sheet — in this case, CCXLVI S.E. (1930) — and included markers for strategic locations such as bridges, hospitals, factories, mills and reservoirs. Oddly, the Drill Hall of the Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding) does not have a marker.
The named "einzelobjekte" targets were:
- GB 6 44: Britiania-Works, Textilfabirk
- GB 6 45: Dalton-Works, Chemische Werke
- GB 6 46: Minerva-Works, Textilfabirk
- GB 6 51: Elektrizitätswerk, St. Andrews Road — electrical power station
- GB 6 52: StraBenbahndepot — tram depot
- GB 6 55: Gaswerk mit Benzolgewinnung — gas works with benzene production
- GB 6 87: StraBenbahn- und Autobusdepot — tram & bus depot