The following map was one of a number prepared by the German Military High Command circa 1940. Each sheet was based on an existing Ordnance Survey six inch sheet — in this case, CCXLVI S.W. — and included markers for strategic locations such as bridges, hospitals, factories, mills and reservoirs.
Use the above controls to zoom in and out, or to view the map in fullscreen mode.
The map is reproduced from the David Rumsey Map Collection under a Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0):