George Williams (c.1885-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WILLIAMS, GEORGE. Private. No 21457. 1st Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Leeds. Son of Robert and Ann Williams of Leeds. Educated at Leeds schools. Husband of Lottie Williams, 212 Halifax Old Road, Birchencliffe, Huddersfield. Employed as a brick drawer by the Brick and Tile Company, Birchencliffe. Killed in action, 3.8.1915, aged 30 years. Buried POTIJZE CHATEAU LAWN CEMETERY, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Row E, Grave 38.
- ROH:- St. Philip's Church, Birchencliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE WILLIAMS
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Tuesday, August 3, 1915
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 158823
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #158823)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4768717)