George Walshaw (1891-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WALSHAW, GEORGE. Private. No S/2204. 8th Battalion Gordon Highlanders. Born Swinton 27.12.1891. Son of Charles Walshaw, 53 Leeds Road North, Huddersfield. Educated Thomas Street Board School. Employed as a toffee boiler by Messrs J. W. Seaton and Sons Limited, Bradford Road, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted August 1914. Reported wounded and missing, presumed killed, 25.9.1915, during the Battle of Loos, aged 23. Has no known grave. Commemorated LOOS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE WALSHAW
- regiment: Gordon Highlanders
- died: Saturday, September 25, 1915
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 736579
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #736579)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4601377)