George Walker Wood (c.1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WOOD, GEORGE WALKER. Private. No G/20145. 1st Battalion Royal West Kent Regiment. Formerly No 33752 3rd Reserve Cavalry Regiment. Born Golcar. Son of Mr and Mrs Joseph Wood, 50 Upper Wellhouse, Golcar. Married, with one child. Had served in France and was seriously wounded in the spine. Was admitted to a military hospital at Chichester, where he died of his wounds on 16.11.1918, aged 25 years. Buried WELLHOUSE METHODIST CHAPEL YARD. Grave location:- A, 32.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WOOD
- regiment: Royal West Kent Regiment
- died: Saturday, November 16, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 2751813
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2751813)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4850438)