George Thomas Goulder (c.1889-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GOULDER, GEORGE THOMAS. Gunner. No 103844. 115th Heavy Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Carlton, Nottinghamshire. Married, with two children. Lived 12 Booth Banks, Slaithwaite. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Pearson Brothers, Commercial Mills, Slaithwaite. Played in the first team for Slaithwaite Cricket Club. Was a member of the Slaithwaite Socialist Club. Died as a result of a fractured skull at No 46 Casualty Clearing Station on 20.11.1917, aged 28 years. Buried MENDINGHEM MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row G, Grave 13.
- Brother of Privates SYDNEY GOULDER and WILLIAM HENRY GOULDER both of whom died of wounds.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner GOULDER
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Tuesday, November 20, 1917
- record ID: 437564
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #437564)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1402265)