George Thomas Bellingham (1875-1918)
George T. Bellingham was born on 29 May 1875 in Ireland, the son of Robert Bellingham and his wife Elizabeth (née Wilcox).
He married widow Florence Pashley (aged 36) of 49 Lockwood Road, daughter of engineer Joe Brook, on 13 February 1918 at St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe, but died the following month.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BELLINGHAM, GEORGE T. Private, No 4123 Royal West Kent Regiment, transferred to No (469307) 366th Reserve Employment Company Labour Corps. Husband of Florence Bellingham, 49 Lockwood Road, Huddersfield. Died in hospital in London on 5.3.1918, 42 years. Buried in LOCKWOOD CEMETERY, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- D, 110.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BELLINGHAM
- regiment: Royal West Kent Regiment
- died: Tuesday, March 5, 1918
- age: 42 years
- record ID: 2752155
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752155)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #293083)