George Shaw (1898-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, GEORGE. Private. No 31729. 13th Battalion York and Lancaster Regiment (1st Barnsley Pals). Formerly No 8082 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Walker's Buildings, Delph Hill, Pudsey, Leeds, 8.2.1898. Son of Annie Shaw, 5 Grafton Place, Ramsden Street, Huddersfield. Educated Gipton Board School, Leeds. Employed as a tailor by Messrs Haigh, Moulden and Company. Single. Enlisted 11.9.1915. Killed in action, 21.6.1918, aged 20 years. Buried LE GRAND HASARD MILITARY CEMETERY, HAZEBROUCK. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row C, Grave 7.
- ROH:- St. Paul's Church, Southgate, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE SHAW
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Friday, June 21, 1918
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 68728
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #68728)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3985105)