This page is part of an ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOYLAND, GEORGE NEAVERSON. Trooper. No 2392. Royal Horse Guards. Born Cumberworth. Son of Elizabeth Sharpe Hoyland, of High Street, Denby Dale and the late Albert Edward Hoyland. Died of wounds, 8.11.1917, at No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, 8.11.1917, aged 24 years. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 22, Row AA, Grave 1.
- ROH:- Denby Dale and Cumberworth War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Trooper GEORGE NEAVERSON HOYLAND
- regiment: Royal Horse Guards
- died: Thursday, November 8, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 144944