George Moorhouse (1892-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MOORHOUSE, GEORGE. Private. No 3/9582. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Blacker Road, Birkby, 23.1.1892. Educated at Huddersfield schools. Lived 5a Jepson's Yard, Lockwood. Employed as an engine tenter. Single. Enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Embarked for France in August, 1914. Reported missing, presumed killed, at Hill 60 on 18.4.1915. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE MOORHOUSE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, April 18, 1915
- record ID: 907370
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #907370)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3109823)