George Kaye (c.1889-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KAYE, GEORGE. Private. No 156627. 56th Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 6043 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Moldgreen, Huddersfield. Married. Lived 8a Chapel Hill, Huddersfield. Employed by Messrs M. Bedforth and Sons, Aspley. Killed in action, 20.9.1918, aged 29 years. Buried VIS-en-ARTOIS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row D, Grave 49.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private KAYE
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Friday, September 20, 1918
- record ID: 250349
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #250349)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2207784)