George Hotel, Huddersfield
The George Hotel is the name of two buildings in Huddersfield, only one of which survives.
The first George Hotel — sometimes referred to as the George Inn — was situated on the northern side of the town's market place and is believed to have been built in the 1680s. It was later rebuilt in the 1780s, but the building of John William Street to provide access to the new railway station necessitated its pulling down.
Suitable land was made available next to the railway station and the current George Hotel was erected in 1849/50 by local builder Joseph Kaye to designs by William Wallen of London and Charles Child of Todmorden.