George Henry Nicholson (1891-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- NICHOLSON, GEORGE HENRY. Driver. No L/29298 Royal Field Artillery. Born Spring Street, Huddersfield, 24.6.1891. Educated Paddock Church of England Boys School. Employed as a woollen minder by Mr James Sykes, Stafford Mills, Milnsbridge. Attended Milton Church P.S.A. Married. Lived at Lark Street, Paddock. Reported missing, presumed killed, 24.3.1918, aged 26. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Mark's Parish Church, Longwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Driver GEORGE HENRY NICHOLSON
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Sunday, March 24, 1918
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 779563
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #779563)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3241841)