George Henry McMillan (1892-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- McMILLAN, GEORGE HENRY. Sapper. No 61894. 207th Field Company, Royal Engineers. Born 15.11.1892. Son of J. N. and Helen McMillan, 54 Blacker Road, Birkby. Educated St. John's School, Hillhouse. Married. Lived 40 Rose Terrace, Calton Street, Huddersfield. Employed as a joiner and organ builder by Mr John Clarke of Birkby. Enlisted 3.1.1915. Died in 3rd Canadian General Hospital, Boulogne, from influenza on 15.10.1918, aged 26 years. Buried TERLINCTHUN BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row F, Grave 19.
- ROH:- Great Northern Street Congregational Chapel; St. John's Church, Birkby; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Sapper McMILLAN
- regiment: Royal Engineers
- died: Tuesday, October 15, 1918
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 4026354
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #4026354)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2852586)