George Henry Booth (1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOOTH, GEORGE HENRY. Private. No 28460. 31st Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 16880 East Lancashire Regiment. Born Huddersfield, 15.11.1893. Son of Tom and Annie Booth, 19 Trinity Street, Huddersfield. Educated at Holy Trinity Church of England School. Employed by Mr J W Hobson as a tobacconist's traveller. Enlisted October 1914. Went to the Dardenelles and France. Died of wounds, 28.3.1918, aged 24 at Etaples Base Hospital. Buried in ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 33, Row C, Grave 21A.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
- Brother of Private HERBERT BOOTH, killed in action, 6.11.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE HENRY BOOTH
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Tuesday, April 2, 1918
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 499208