George Hall (c.1897-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HALL, GEORGE. Private. No 18172. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Moldgreen, Huddersfield. Only son of Annie Hall, 5 Dalton Fold Road, Dalton. Prior to enlistment, was employed as a baker by Miss Hardy of Moldgreen. Enlisted 25.1.1916. Reported missing at the Battle of the Somme on 7.7.1916 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date, aged 19. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE HALL
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, July 7, 1916
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 788479
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #788479)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5347602)