George Haigh (c.1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, GEORGE. Private. No 41827. 10th Battalion The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Formerly No 4622 Highland Light Infantry. Born Kirkburton. Son of Alfred and Ann Haigh, of Storthes Hall, Kirkburton. Brother of Miss Haigh, St. John's Terrace, Dogley Bar, Kirkburton. Employed by Messrs Liversedge and Company of Dogley Mills. Embarked for France in August, 1917. Killed in action, 28.3.1918, aged 23 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE HAIGH
- regiment: Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)
- died: Thursday, March 28, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 637568
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #637568)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515385)