George Emsley Wilkinson (1895-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WILKINSON, GEORGE EMSLEY, MM. Sergeant. No 240112. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Litton. Son of Jane Wilkinson, Park View, Kirkburton. Employed by Messrs Taylor and Hobson, cabinet makers, of Huddersfield. Was mobilised with other Territorials at the outbreak of the war. Was awarded the Military Medal on 19.2.1917 for bravery in the field. Died of wounds on 26.7.1918, aged 23 years. Buried VERTUS COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave Location:- Grave No 79.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton; Huddersfield Drill Hall; commemorated on headstone in Kirkburton Churchyard, and on a plaque in Conistone Church, Wharfedale.
- Brother of Private FELIX WILKINSON killed in action, 3.5.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant GEORGE EMSLEY WILKINSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, July 26, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 573990
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #573990)