George Edgar Kaye (c.1886-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
George Edgar Kaye was baptised on 31 January 1886 at Lepton, the son of coal miner John Kaye and his wife Martha.
By 1901, the family was living at Lydgate, Lepton, and George Edgar was working as a coal teamster.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KAYE, GEORGE EDGAR. Private. No 260074. 2/6th Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment. Born Lepton. Lived Lepton. Killed in action at the Battle of Cambrai, 30.11.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Lepton Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private GEORGE EDGAR KAYE
- regiment: North Staffordshire Regiment
- died: Friday, November 30, 1917
- record ID: 1754404
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1754404)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2207797)