George Dunbar Noble (1892-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- NOBLE, GEORGE DUNBAR. Rifleman. No 45178. 1/5th London Regiment, The Rifle Brigade. Formerly No 30/392 Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Hopkinson's Yard, Lockwood Road, Huddersfield, 12.12.1892. Youngest son of Mr and Mrs J. Noble, 60 Lockwood Road, Huddersfield. Educated Rashcliffe Church of England School. Married. Lived 60 Lockwood Road, Huddersfield. Employed as a butcher by the Huddersfield Industrial Society in the Central butchering department. Killed in action, 29.8.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated VIS-en-ARTOIS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman GEORGE DUNBAR NOBLE
- regiment: Rifle Brigade
- died: Thursday, August 29, 1918
- record ID: 1747212
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1747212)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3254085)