George Donald Dyson (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DYSON, GEORGE DONALD. Private. No 18054. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Lindley, Huddersfield. Son of Mr Charles Dyson, greengrocer, and Mrs Dyson of Acre Street, Lindley. Employed as a compositor at the 'Advertiser' Press. Was a member of the Lindley Church Young Men's Class. Killed in action, 11.7.1917, aged 23 years. Buried BROWN'S COPSE CEMETERY, ROEUX. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row D, Grave 19.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Lindley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DYSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, April 11, 1917
- record ID: 567603
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #567603)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2356613)