George Beasley (?-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEASLEY, GEORGE. Gunner. No L/25396. 'D' Battery, 110th Brigade Royal Field Artillery. Son of Alfred and Mary Beasley of Port Talbot, South Wales. Husband of Eva Beasley, 7 Shore Bank, off Commercial Street, Huddersfield. Employed as a patent glazier. Enlisted April, 1915. Killed in action, 24.3.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner GEORGE BEASLEY
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Sunday, March 24, 1918
- record ID: 740327
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #740327)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #262117)