One the photograph of the Beaumont Park lower entrance, iron gates can be seen, which dates the photograph after August 1888. That was the date the Beaumont Park Committee selected the tender of Mr. C.H. Carney "for the supply and fixing of the iron gates for the entrance to the park near Meltham Road."
The swan in the upper park lake may be one of the pair gifted by Gilbert Douglas Winter (1852–1909) in early 1884.
A further pair of swans were gifted in 1887 by the Central Wards Committee. In December 1891, it was decided to transfer two swans from Greenhead Park and also to sell on of the existing Beaumont Park swans -- perhaps someone in Huddersfield had a swan instead of goose on Christmas Day 1891 :-D