Friends of Beaumont Park
The Friends of Beaumont Park is a "voluntary group actively working with Kirklees Council to regenerate the Park and restore it to its former glory" and was established in 1998.
The group was formed by local residents who were becoming increasingly concerned that Beaumont Park had fallen into disrepair and neglect.
In 2009, the group became a registered charity (#1129268), with the following stated objective:
For the benefit of the inhabitants of Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and the surrounding district: to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation in the interests of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life for the inhabitants of the area of benefit without distinction of sex or of political, religious or other opinions in particular but not exclusively by the preservation, promotion, support, assistance and improvement of Beaumont Park.
The group have spearheaded a number of restoration projects, including:
|2003||a visitor centre, situated near the main gates and lodge, opened by Sir John Harman (Chairman of the Environment Agency)|
|2007-08||water cascade and fountain|
|2010||replacement of the original visitor centre with a new larger one|
|2012-15||clearance of the Meltham Branch Line trackbed and Woodfield cutting retaining walls, and conversion into a heritage trail|
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/restoration-projects/visitor-centre
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/news/373/19/Lower-Cascade/d,Restoration
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/news/6/19/Cascade-Fountain-Restoration/d,Restoration
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/news/4/19/Lower-Gate-Repaired/d,Restoration
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/news/28/19/Lower-Pond/d,Restoration
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/restoration-projects/the-bandstand
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/news/152/19/Railway-Line-Buttress-Wall-and-Heritage-Trail/d,Restoration
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/news/448/19/Buttress-Wall-Stonework-Partially-Cleared/d,Restoration
- ↑ http://www.fobp.co.uk/index.php/restoration-projects/the-pavilion