Friend Secker (1879-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SECKER, FRIEND. Gunner. No 162197. 179th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Block Row, Lepton, 15.8.1879. Son of Charles and Ann Secker. Educated Lepton Schools. Employed as a woollen fettler by Messrs Brierley and Wall, Spa Mill, Lepton. Was a member of the Waterloo Bowling Club and played with the first team. At the time of enlistment, was living with his sister, Mrs Ric, at 9 School Street, Moldgreen. Single. Killed in action near Arras on 28.3.1918, aged 36 years. Buried WANQUETIN COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row E, Grave 5.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner FRIEND SECKER
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Thursday, March 28, 1918
- age: 36 years
- record ID: 80289
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #80289)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3951916)