Freeman Clement Atkinson (1894-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ATKINSON, FREEMAN CLEMENT. Lance Corporal. No 11033. 9th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Sheffield. Son of George Atkinson, 22 Midland Street, Sheffield. Married to Lily Atkinson, 52 Moorend Road, Lockwood. Two children. Worked as an engine cleaner for the London and North Western Railway Company. Enlisted November 1913. Killed on the first day of the Battle of the Somme 1.7.1916 at Fricourt. Age 23 years. Commemorated on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal FREEMAN CLEMENT ATKINSON
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, July 1, 1916
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 771378
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #771378)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #95417)