Frederick William Flinton (1885-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FLINTON, FREDERICK WILLIAM. Private. No 11584. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Wormsgate Lodge 11.9.1885. Son of Thomas and Rachel Flinton, 2 Long Croft, Almondbury. Educated Almondbury National School. Employed as a plush cutter by Messrs Dyson and Hall of Dalton, Huddersfield. Enlisted 4.9.1914. Embarked for France in January, 1915. Killed in action at Hill 60, 5.5.1915, aged 31 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
- Brother of Private THOMAS FLINTON reported missing, 27.1.1917
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FREDERICK WILLIAM FLINTON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, May 5, 1915
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 1612609