Frederick Wild (1917-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WILD, FREDERICK. Acting Bombardier. No 140991. 'C' Battery, 155th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Born Hopton, Mirfield, 30.11.1917. Son of Ambrose and Emma Wild, 27 Tanfield Terrace, Birkby. Educated Thomas Street Board School. Employed as a traveller by Messrs Netherwood, Dalton and Company, printers, of Folly Hall, Huddersfield. Lived 53 Hillhouse Road, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 6.5.1916. Died of wounds at No 10 Casualty Clearing Station on 17.7.1917, aged 39 years. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 16, Row D, Grave 3.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Birkby; St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road, Huddersfield; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Acting Bombardier FREDERICK WILD
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Tuesday, July 17, 1917
- age: 38 years
- record ID: 150452
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #150452)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4766123)