Frederick Spence (1888-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SPENCE, FREDERICK. Private. No 2571. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 4.10.1888. Son of Mr and Mrs Frederick Spence, 54 Long Lane, Grove Place, Dalton, Huddersfield. Educated St. Thomas's Church of England School, Longroyd Bridge. Employed as a postman at Huddersfield General Post Office. Single. Enlisted 8.8.1914. Killed in action, 19.9.1916, aged 28. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Thomas's Church, Longroyd Bridge; Huddersfield General Post Office; Christ Church, Moldgreen; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
- Brother of Private NORMAN SPENCE, killed in action, 9.9.1915.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FREDERICK SPENCE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, September 19, 1916
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 1553605
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1553605)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4200754)