Frederick Sigismund Schwann was a Commission Merchant
He was born on 21 January 1836 at Huddersfield, the son of John Frederic Schwann and his wife Henrietta (née Kell).
He married Mary Watson Bagehot in 1865 at Hampshire. The couple had seven known children:
- Mary Isabel Schwann (1866-1930)
- Katharine Mabel Schwann (1867-1963)
- Henry Sigismund Schwann (1868-1931)
- Marian Schwann (1871-?)
- Edward Bagehot Schwann (c.1872-1902)
- Ernest Schwann (1875-1961)
- Winifred Schwann (1880-1936)
Frederick Sigismund Schwann died 26 February 1902 at Park House, Wimbledon, Surrey, and buried at Putney Vale Cemetery, Wimbledon. He left an estate valued at £153,826 9s. 5d.
In March 1917, Mary Watson and several of her children formally announced they had reverted to her maiden name of Bagehot by a deed poll, becoming: Mary Watson Bagehot, Mary Isabel Bagehot, Winifred Bagehot, and Ernest Bagehot. At the same time, Henry Sigismund Schwann announced he had taken the name Henry Bagehot Swann.
Mary Watson Bagehot died on 21 June 1934, aged 95. She left an estate valued at £81,569 5s. 11d.
Notes and References
- ↑ Born in North Houghton, Hampshire. Died a spinster 30 May 1930. Estate valued at £26,258 0s. 8d.
- ↑ Born Houghton, Hampshire. Married 1902 to Charles Frederick Holland. Died 12 September 1963. Estate valued at £12,709 14s.
- ↑ Born 19 November 1868. Married 1896 to Torfrida Lois Acantha Huddart (divorced 1927) and 1928 to Mira Vivian Davis. Died 27 May 1931.
- ↑ Born Houghton, Hampshire. Married 1898 to Stanley Wellby.
- ↑ Born in Hampstead. Died 7 September 1902. Estate valued at £21,283 19s.
- ↑ Born Hampstead, Middlesex. Married 28 June 1905 to Ethel Caroline Pollock. Corporal in the Rifle Brigade during WW1. Died 20 November 1961. Estate valued at £18,120 18s.
- ↑ Born Hampstead, Middlesex. Died a spinster 27 April 1936. Estate valued at £56,046 3s. 3d.
- ↑ London Gazette (16/Mar/1917).