Frederick Greenwood (1886-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GREENWOOD, FREDERICK. Private. No 20122. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born North Street, Lockwood, 16.2.1886. Son of Sarah Hannah Greenwood, 25 Blagden Lane, Close Hill, Huddersfield. Educated Stile Common Council School and the Higher Grade School. Was a member of Primrose Hill Baptist Church and had been a member of the choir. Was formerly a salesman employed by Mr. J.W. Hobson, tobacconist, of Buxton Road, Huddersfield and, prior to enlistment, was a partner in the firm of Messrs W. and H. Heaton, tobacconists and confectioners, 8 Kirkgate, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 11.4.1916. Killed in action at Le Transloy, 12.10.1916, aged 31. Buried LONDON CEMETERY EXTENSION; NOMINAL ROLL. Grave location:- Plot 9, Row D, Grave 16.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Newsome.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FREDERICK GREENWOOD (20123)
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, October 12, 1916
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 2945784