Frederick George Hirst (1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HIRST, FREDERICK GEORGE. Private. No 31245. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Fieldhouse, Huddersfield, 18.6.1893. Son of Seth and Margaret Hirst, 9 Ashbrow Road, Fartown. Educated Deighton Council School. Employed as a packing case maker by Mr. T.A. Cockin, Waterloo Mills, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 18.3.1917. Killed in action near Arras, 31.8.1918, aged 25 years. Buried VIS-en-ARTOIS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row A, Grave 39.
- ROH:- Sheepridge Providence United Methodist Sunday School; Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FREDERICK GEORGE HIRST
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, August 31, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 250300
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #250300)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1895973)