Freddy Shaw (1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, FREDDY. Rifleman. No C/7934. 18th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born 10 Fenay Bridge, Almondbury, Huddersfield, 18.5.1896. Son of Edward Ellis and Lucy Shaw, 44 St. Helen's Gate, Almondbury. Educated Lepton Council School. Employed as a cloth finisher. Single. At the time of enlistment, was living at 7 and 8 Fenay Bridge. Enlisted 28.11.1915. Killed in action, 28.3.1918, at Vaulx, near Bapaume. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman FREDDY SHAW
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Thursday, March 28, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 1652645
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1652645)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3984686)