Freddy Johnson (c.1888-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- JOHNSON, FREDDY. Private. No 202779. 'D' Company, 1/6th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Formerly No 144998 Royal Field Artillery. Born Holmfirth. Son of Mrs S. E. Johnson, 3 Upperthong Road, Holmfirth and the late Edward Johnson. Attended Holmfirth Wesleyan Church. Employed in the dyehouse at Thirstin Mills, Honley. Was a member of Holmfirth Liberal Club. Enlisted May 1916. Embarked for France during the last week in September, 1916. Killed in action, 17.5.1917, aged 28 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holmfirth War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private FREDDY JOHNSON
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Tuesday, April 17, 1917
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 1574512
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1574512)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2115756)