Freddie Beardsell (c.1897-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEARDSELL, FREDDIE. Private. No 242045. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Lived Burnlee, Holmfirth. Son of Mr and Mrs Dennis Beardsell, Burnlee, Holmfirth. Educated at Dobb School and the Wesleyan School at Hinchliffe Mill. Employed as a spinner at Yew Tree Mill, Hinchliffe Mill. Embarked for France May, 1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, in the attack on the Schwaben Redoubt, 3.9.1916. Buried in MILL ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row C, Grave 23.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BEARDSELL
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, September 3, 1916
- record ID: 544020
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #544020)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #260779)