Fred Tinker Smith (1897-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SMITH, FRED TINKER. Driver. No 202701. 'B' Battery, 102nd Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Formerly No R/19542 King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Golcar. Son of Eli Smith, 1 Intake, Leymoor, Golcar. Educated Crow Lane Board School, Milnsbridge. Employed by Messrs C. and J. Hirst and Sons of Longwood. Attended Parkwood Methodist Church and was a member of the football team belonging to the Sunday School. Played cricket with the Leymoor United Cricket team. Died of wounds, 10.8.1917. Buried AEROPLANE CEMETERY, YPRES. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row C, Grave 15.
- ROH:- Golcar Baptist Church; St. John's Church, Golcar; Longwood War Memorial; Parkwood Methodist Church; Crow Lane Board School, Milnsbridge.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Driver FRED TINKER SMITH
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Friday, August 10, 1917
- record ID: 449996
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #449996)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4099567)